No announcement yet.

Acousticaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried using one of the small acoustic guitar pre-amps that are on the market? They are relatively inexpensive (<$100) and there are several models that look like they would into the existing cavity in the Acousticaster body. Despite lots of help here (thank you Caleb!), my old Acousticaster L.R. Baggs pre-amp seems to be on the way out.

thanks mike

Comment

hi mike, yeah, you could use any of them cheap preamps, externally. none would be adaptable to the inside cavity of the guitar tho. better to bypass it and leave the pre in place, and hot wire the pickup to the output jack and use an external preamp.
      as i reported earlier a ways back, you can fit the actual external lr baggs preamp from this era inside the guitar with VERY little modification.
      hope that helps
      jimi photon

Comment

Originally posted by Onie52 View Post
        Has anyone tried using one of the small acoustic guitar pre-amps that are on the market? They are relatively inexpensive (<$100) and there are several models that look like they would into the existing cavity in the Acousticaster body. Despite lots of help here (thank you Caleb!), my old Acousticaster L.R. Baggs pre-amp seems to be on the way out.

thanks mike
        go back a page. all the info is there. if you need help adapting/installing, i can do the work for you, but you'd have to ship the guitar back and forth, and it costs about an hour of my time.

https://forum.lrbaggs.com/forum/disc...-acousticaster

Comment

I just got an Acousticaster (my third, I never learn) and it has that frying eggs sound in the electronics. I came here looking for a replacement set but I can see that I'm too late. The heck of it is, I used to have that external preamp just sitting around too. I may have to do a serious dive and see if, by chance, it's still around and avoided one of my periodic purges. My eyes are too shot do do the adaptation myself, but I might be able to find somebody locally that can do it. Pinkster, I might contact you.

Comment

Working...
          X