digital floorbord with effects for several acoustic guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital floorbord with effects for several acoustic guitars

I'm searching a long time for a solution, to manage my 4-5 guitars on live-acts with one input and one floor-board.
    I searching around the web - but nobody has such a solution. Maybe LR Baggs read this and think about a new product for sing/songwriters.
    I think many acoustic guitarist should be interestet by such a solution, cause many live players with acoustic guitars are using more then one guitar at a live gig.

I'll be precise my suggestions or my problem:
    I play live gigs with 4 guitars, which have all different pickups in their guitars. A OM guitar with an LR Baggs Anthem, a Dobro with an piezo and humbucker (passive), a Ukulele with an active pickup, a vienna harp guitar (14 strings) with an active microphone inside, and I also have a archtop with passive humbuckers.
    I always play in small locations with very little space - that's why I need space-saving equipment. That is also the reason why I only work with one guitar cable to which I plug all guitars.
    Now I have the problem that I have to balance the different impedances of the pickups before I go to a mixer or to the effects chain.
    Currently I use several LR Baggs Align Equalizers to adjust the signals for each guitar. For passive instruments (archtop) I then use a booster - and that on a floor board.
    There are some digital effects for acoustics guitars on the market, which can also be switched on by program. But they all have one thing in common: they are only ever designed for one guitar. There is no effect (at least not known to me) in which I can also regulate the input impedances (or a EQ) of the various pickup systems by means of program selection.

I also believe that this is different especially in the acoustics world, because with electric guitars these impedance differences do not differ as much as with the pickups of acoustic instruments.
    Switching from an acoustic guitar to an electric guitar should also be feasible if you can adjust the signals accordingly in an input control. Example: Fingerpicking on an OM guitar and then on an archtop guitar.
    I also believe that such a multi-effect for several guitars would appeal to many musicians in the acoustic world. I hardly know any acoustic guitarist who only owns one guitar - and they all have different pickups.

So maybe someone i the LR Baggs RnD department read this and think about - maybe you are the first producer?
    I'll buy one if its available :-)

Hey 1stplay,
    Thanks for posting.

I would highly recommend looking into the Voiceprint DI for your needs.

The Voiceprint DI can have up to 99 presets for different instruments, and you can seamlessly switch between them by using the footswitches on the pedal. You can run a few effects in the FX Loop to get whatever effects you want, but the main level adjustments, EQ'ing, and instrument switching would all be done in the one pedal.

Check it out: https://www.lrbaggs.com/voiceprint-d...response-pedal

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
      Hey 1stplay,
      Thanks for posting.

I would highly recommend looking into the Voiceprint DI for your needs.

The Voiceprint DI can have up to 99 presets for different instruments, and you can seamlessly switch between them by using the footswitches on the pedal. You can run a few effects in the FX Loop to get whatever effects you want, but the main level adjustments, EQ'ing, and instrument switching would all be done in the one pedal.

Check it out: https://www.lrbaggs.com/voiceprint-d...response-pedal
      Hello Caleb_Elling!

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve checked out the Voiceprint DI capabilities for my needs.
      But there are two show-stoppers:
      1) Only available for Apple iPhone – I’m using Samsung phone with Android. I’m sorry, but I can’t buy a new phone only for controlling a guitar device.
      Maybe in US every musician have an iPhone – but in Europe ~70% have Android devices.

2) Why you are put the pad-control on the device (and not into the program)? This is one of the things which I have describe in my thread - I miss in all devices that I have reviewed, that even not all control is in a program which I can easily change.
      When I have a passive and active guitar in live usecase, I maybe have to go down to the device and have manually select the right pad-input? This is a step which I cannot do or want it to do in a live-performance. Your concept for the Voiceprint DI is to switch with the next button from one guitar to the other (or one song to the next song). So why you do not put all controls which are need for different guitars and pickups into the program and control it with the footswitch?

I think your concept with Voiceprint DI can be in future the solution what I’m searching for. But for live-performance (this is what I need) it seems to need a revise of the device for practical use on a stage.

cheers

Comment

Thanks for following up.

The Android app should be released within the next couple of months. I am also an Android user, so I am very excited about the release.

The Pad control is available in the app as well as on the pedal. If you go into the LEV module, you have access to the Pad and the Preset volume level.

The Pad setting is saved into your preset, so if you create a preset for each instrument, you won't need to make any changes to the Pad during live play. You will only need to switch between instruments with the Next switch and the Pad setting will change with it.

All of the controls on the pedal are also available in the app, but we've only kept the features that are essential for live play on the pedal.

Comment

Working...
        X