X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
    That's great!

Beautiful guitar, by the way.
    Thanks Caleb! Now sounding great too, it was one of those hidden gems gathering dust at the back of a music shop, took her home and added some serious tlc, and also the fact that it did not had a factory installed side-mount pickup interface made the LRBaggs Anthem installation such a clean installation and a breeze.

Comment

Andreve,

I agree with Caleb, nice guitar.

Like you, I had trouble with adjusting the Anthem at first. When at home I would dial in my guitar in a relatively small space. My Taylor DN5 is a loud projecting guitar. With my monitors at normal, in a small space, I thought I was dialing in this sweet tone, but instead I was hearing my actual guitar sound blending with the pickup sound. I would take the guitar to church and play in the wide open space and........Yuck! either dark and muddy (mic trim very low) or steely and nosiy (too much mic trim). I was getting a bit frustrated. Once I figured out the issue I was able to use headphones and a loud monitor to hear only the anthem sound and adjust what was actually eminating from the Anthem Pickup. Now I the guitar is fun to play plugged in thorugh the entire mic/pickup mix.

I hope you have many years of enjoyment.

Sincerly,

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by ejbsk8 View Post
        Andreve,

I agree with Caleb, nice guitar.

Like you, I had trouble with adjusting the Anthem at first. When at home I would dial in my guitar in a relatively small space. My Taylor DN5 is a loud projecting guitar. With my monitors at normal, in a small space, I thought I was dialing in this sweet tone, but instead I was hearing my actual guitar sound blending with the pickup sound. I would take the guitar to church and play in the wide open space and........Yuck! either dark and muddy (mic trim very low) or steely and nosiy (too much mic trim). I was getting a bit frustrated. Once I figured out the issue I was able to use headphones and a loud monitor to hear only the anthem sound and adjust what was actually eminating from the Anthem Pickup. Now I the guitar is fun to play plugged in thorugh the entire mic/pickup mix.

I hope you have many years of enjoyment.

Sincerly,

Ed
        Makes perfect sense, thanks for the tip!

Comment

Could someone please explain the phase toggle button to me, is this to do with feedback cancellation or with the actual sound/tone?

Comment

Phase is a fairly complex concept as a whole (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_(waves))

In the context of Phase Inversion for fighting feedback, you're essentially altering the sound wave's relationship with the room that you're in. By inverting the guitar's wave by 180 degrees you can take a guitar that is having issues with feedback, say on a low G or F#, and shift that feedback frequency to a less common note.

Most guitar's will feed back at the guitar's top resonant frequency, so changing the phase can often give you quite a bit of additional volume before feedback. Conversely, changing phase in some rooms may cause additional feedback.

I hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
            X