Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage Pro Element battery life

Hi,

I had to change the battery of my new Stage Pro Element after having played no more than 10 hours. Maybe the battery was already partly discharged in the shop.
    Anyway, the manual doesn't tell if there is a way to save battery life after playing, e.g. by turning the volume completely down. Or is there an idle timeout before the preamp automatically turns itself off?
    The manual just says "Volume: Yes" :-) Any advice?

Regards

Hi anselm,
    The Element system is turned off by unplugging your instrument cable from the tail of the guitar.

Are you unplugging the guitar when it's not in use? Also, be sure that the tuner is turned off when you are not using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
      Hi anselm,
      The Element system is turned off by unplugging your instrument cable from the tail of the guitar.

Are you unplugging the guitar when it's not in use? Also, be sure that the tuner is turned off when you are not using it.
      Thanks for the tip! No, I wasn't unplugging it until now. By chance I have a cable with integrated switch (to prevent noise when plugging/unplugging). Hopefully this switch will provide a handier alternative than pulling the cable out after each session?

Comment

Those switching cables usually just ground the hot signal through a resistor, which won't turn of the Stage Pro. So you will still need to unplug the cable from the guitar to save the battery life.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
          Those switching cables usually just ground the hot signal through a resistor, which won't turn of the Stage Pro. So you will still need to unplug the cable from the guitar to save the battery life.
          OK, I guess I'll have to measure that. Thanks for the quick answer anyway!

Comment

Working...
          X