Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M1A- overdrive, distortion, fuzz, wah = feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    That sounds like a great setup! Let us know how the effects work out.

I'm definitely curious.

Leave a comment:

• jasonomaramusic
    replied
    Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
    Hey Jason,
    The M1A is definitely one of our most feedback resistant pickups. However, it will still feed back (like any pickup) if you push it too hard.

My guess is that you should be able to use an OD or distortion, maybe even fuzz. The EQ spike that you get from a wah may cause some odd overtones to feed back though. I haven't personally used the M1A with a wah, so I really can't say for sure. If you were going to use an acoustic pickup with effects, the M1A is definitely the best way to go (in my opinion.)
    Cheers, Caleb. I had the M1 installed with the output jack just behind the element's. It works wonders cleanly. I have my sound guy bring out the articulation of the M1 and the woodiness of the element and they work quite nicely hand in hand. The output of the M1 was quite weak out of the box but I was able to raise the poles to my liking. I'll be running it through the pedalboard in my next show and will report back.

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    Hey Jason,
    The M1A is definitely one of our most feedback resistant pickups. However, it will still feed back (like any pickup) if you push it too hard.

My guess is that you should be able to use an OD or distortion, maybe even fuzz. The EQ spike that you get from a wah may cause some odd overtones to feed back though. I haven't personally used the M1A with a wah, so I really can't say for sure. If you were going to use an acoustic pickup with effects, the M1A is definitely the best way to go (in my opinion.)

Leave a comment:

• M1A- overdrive, distortion, fuzz, wah = feedback?

Hi, Caleb (probably). Was wondering if any of you guys at Lr Baggs have tried running the M1A through some effects to any success. I plan to do something similar to what Charlie Worsham does with his M80 but much heavier.

I have an Element in my 000-15m and am very happy with the sound and body sensitivity I can get out of it. I plan to get the M1A to run through a second output jack into a pedal board that includes overdrive, distortion, fuzz and wah whilst having the element clean running simultaneously. The M1A receives a lot of praise for being feedback resistant but I'm not sure if it's that feedback resistant to withstand what I want to throw at it.

Thanks!
Working...
X