Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple pickups possible into the Venue DI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple pickups possible into the Venue DI?

I'm not technically gifted, so I'll just lay out what I've got in the rig and follow up with the question...

Martin 00015M with a Fishmann Matrix Infinity undersaddle pickup
    into a TC Electronics BodyRez, then a Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive (rarely use it, but kindof fun)...
    into the LR Baggs Venue DI
    with an FX loop - TC Electronics Hall of Fame Reverb ; DigiTech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper

I would like to get more natural tone out of the pickup and had thought about adding an LR Baggs Lyric to the guitar and go for what is essentially the same functionality of the Anthem . Is it possible to have both the undersaddle and Lyric signals coming out of the guitar into the existing rig?

Hey JMosher,
    That's a pretty cool setup. Unfortunately though, the Venue will only accept a mono signal on it's input. So you if you wanted to use the Fishman with the Lyric, you would need a stereo blending preamp of some kind.

Using the Fishman and the Lyric together would give you a nice variety of sound, but I doubt that you will get the same ease of use as you would with the regular Anthem. The crossover that the Anthem has allows the mic to carry the majority of the signal, without additional feedback problems. Without that circuitry, you would need a pretty complex stereo setup, with an additional preamp and possibly even more EQ.

If you want to go that route, replacing the Matrix with the Anthem will probably be the easiest (and least expensive) way to go.

Comment

Working...
    X