Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LR baggs on godin acousticaster

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LR baggs on godin acousticaster

    Hi it seems that my godin acousticaster LR baggs is out. Godin told me that this preamp was not available .
    Does any body knows a replacement solution. The preamp has been made in 1991.
    This Guitar is great and it's a pity for me to let it in it box.
    I am in France and nobody wants to touch this system.

    Thank ´s for any help

  • #2
    Hi Nomadigene,

    Thanks for your question. You've come to the right place.

    We happen to have a small number of the Acousticaster preamp/control units available as replacements.

    Send me a private message with your email and one or our team will contact you with details.

    Comment


    • #3
      Godin Nylon Duet preamp

      Hi Bryan
      I am also looking for a replacement preamp: I own a Godin Multiac duet nylon strings that I purchased in the mid 90'. Serial number is 97242531. Unfortunately, after almost 20 years of great service, the preamp stopped working. Do you have some of those available as replacements, as well?
      Thanks,
      Matteo Sacilotto

      Comment


      • #4
        The message above is a duplicate inquiry. See it here: http://www.lrbaggs.com/forum/showthr...topped-working!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Problem with acousticaster pre amp

          Hello. I have one of the older acousticasters with an LR Baggs preamp. I had a problem with my jack and took it to a local music store for repair. They apparently miss wired the new jack and intern it has now messed up the control board. I love this guitar and have tried for a year or so to have it repaired with no luck. Can anyone help... Are there replacement boards available etc.. Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jody78 View Post
            Hello. I have one of the older acousticasters with an LR Baggs preamp. I had a problem with my jack and took it to a local music store for repair. They apparently miss wired the new jack and intern it has now messed up the control board. I love this guitar and have tried for a year or so to have it repaired with no luck. Can anyone help... Are there replacement boards available etc.. Thanks
            Hey Jody78,
            If you want to send me an email at [email protected], I can get your information and see what we can do to help you out.

            The older acousticasters are great guitars, so I'd love to help you get it straightened out if I can.

            Comment


            • #7
              LR Baggs eq on old acousticaster no longer working

              Hi, Im looking for some advice regarding the replacement of the graphic on my acousticaster. Its an old one using two nine volt batteries if that helps. The guitar has a five digit serial number so I cant date it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wmcgough1955 View Post
                Hi, Im looking for some advice regarding the replacement of the graphic on my acousticaster. Its an old one using two nine volt batteries if that helps. The guitar has a five digit serial number so I cant date it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
                As mentioned above, if you want to email me at [email protected], I'll see what I have available. We may have a replacement option, but if not, then I can advise you on sending the system in for inspection and possible repair.

                Comment


                • #9
                  probleme acousticaster

                  Originally posted by nomadigene View Post
                  Hi it seems that my godin acousticaster LR baggs is out. Godin told me that this preamp was not available .
                  Does any body knows a replacement solution. The preamp has been made in 1991.
                  This Guitar is great and it's a pity for me to let it in it box.
                  I am in France and nobody wants to touch this system.

                  Thank ´s for any help
                  hello j ai exactement le meme souci avec ma godin meme année meme modele je suis en france et pas de solution avez vous eu une solution bryan vous a t il trouvé un preamp de remplacemnt ?
                  cordialement

                  pasto

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bonjour,
                    Si vous êtes intéressés à obtenir cette partie a ordonné, je recommanderais parle à notre distributeur français, High Tech. Vous pouvez les envoyer par courriel au [email protected]

                    Espérons qu'ils peuvent vous aider à obtenir cette partie ordonnée.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Output jack

                      Hello! Can anybody provide me with schematic over output jack? It's messed up on my Godin LR Baggs Acousticaster. It does have three wires soldered - black, red and shield. But I can use an usual jack instead of a stereo jack, as it meant to be in order to switch the batteries off when not used. Or am completely I wrong?
                      Last edited by mariNN; 12-25-2015, 01:49 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi MariNN,
                        You will need to use a stereo jack in order to get the preamp to turn on and off when plugged in. The Red wire is the signal lead, which wires to the Tip contact of the jack. The Black is the switch, which wires to the Ring contact on the jack. The shield wires to the Sleeve on the jack.

                        You can probably get away with a regular electric-guitar-style stereo jack, but if you can find one, a shielded stereo jack would be advisable.

                        I hope that helps.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
                          Hi MariNN,
                          You will need to use a stereo jack in order to get the preamp to turn on and off when plugged in. The Red wire is the signal lead, which wires to the Tip contact of the jack. The Black is the switch, which wires to the Ring contact on the jack. The shield wires to the Sleeve on the jack.

                          You can probably get away with a regular electric-guitar-style stereo jack, but if you can find one, a shielded stereo jack would be advisable.

                          I hope that helps.
                          Yes it helps. Thank You very much for the reply! The only problem for now is that I'm using a ordinary mono-jack and it works just fine. The battery life on the other hand is too short.... My guess is that preamp does not switch off because the former owner had messed up with the wires and I have to re-solder the jack.
                          Thanks again!
                          Last edited by mariNN; 12-28-2015, 01:53 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If you go back to a stereo jack, you should be ok.

                            If you have any trouble, let me know.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
                              If you go back to a stereo jack, you should be ok.

                              If you have any trouble, let me know.
                              Absolutely. Thank You very much!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X