Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lyric acoustic guitar microphone on cello?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyric acoustic guitar microphone on cello?

New to the forum with a slightly different question:

How well would the Lyric Acoustic Guitar Microphone work inside a cello, OR, on top underneath the bridge, etc? I can't find anything of the sorts online or other forums. Seems like it would work in theory but wanted to seek out some further opinions. Also, what is the frequency range of the Lyric? 80hz-15khz (I'm guessing)?
    Last edited by llebreknit1; 04-19-2017, 07:05 PM.

Originally posted by llebreknit1 View Post
    New to the forum with a slightly different question:

How well would the Lyric Acoustic Guitar Microphone work inside a cello, OR, on top underneath the bridge, etc? I can't find anything of the sorts online or other forums. Seems like it would work in theory but wanted to seek out some further opinions. Also, what is the frequency range of the Lyric? 80hz-15khz (I'm guessing)?
    I would say that the Lyric would be unpredictable, at best. Everything from the process of choosing the mic to tuning the preamp is designed around a specific placement of the mic on the flat top of a steel string acoustic guitar.

Placing the mic on or in a Cello would be considerably outside of the parameters of the Lyric's design. My guess is that you would need to try a multitude of placement options, and then still need a considerable amount of EQ. If you didn't get excessive feedback, I would also be surprised. I highly doubt that you would be able to get a usable signal for live use.

Comment

Working...
    X