Lyric with M1 Passive or M80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
    Unfortunately, the Lyric preamp does not have any level of blending capability built into it. If you tried to add the M80 and the Lyric onto the same "tip" contact, both pickups would interact with each other, and severely alter the tone, level, and impedance of both sources. This is why the Lyric has the option of adding a second pickup for stereo output only. From a stereo output on the Lyric, you can go into a stereo preamp or mixer to blend your signals together, without any kind of negative interaction between sources.

I'm sorry for any confusion. I tried to thoroughly explain that this is a stereo configuration.
    Ok, Thank you I was ready to do a mistake.
    So I Will used it on stero I will put a switch on on on with 6 plots to switch between the two mics
    Thanks for all those informations

Comment

Impedance

Hello again, do you know how much ohms output impédance when the lyric and M80 are set together ?

Comment

Are you talking about adding both pickups together on the same contact of the same jack?

That's not something I would ever recommend, so I don't actually have that specific information available. There are a lot of variables too. Even a slight change in volume from one of the pickups would cause the pickups to load unevenly on each other- changing the impedance as well.

Comment

Are you talking about adding both pickups together on the same contact of the same jack?

That's not something I would ever recommend, so I don't actually have that specific information available. There are a lot of variables too. Even a slight change in volume from one of the pickups would cause the pickups to load unevenly on each other- changing the impedance as well.
          In fact I am making a stéréo blender so I need to know the impedance to operate correctly

Comment

The Lyric's output impedance is about 1.6k Ohms, and the M80 in Active mode is about 800 Ohms.

Comment

The Lyric's output impedance is about 1.6k Ohms, and the M80 in Active mode is about 800 Ohms.
              Thank'you so much again for your fast Answers

I want to build a stéréo blender to mix the right and left outputs securitly when the m80 is connected to the lyric preamp aux input.

I waiting for material and I will tell you how it goes
              Last edited by Censio; 09-29-2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Settings

Do you know if the lyric preamp bypass or amplifi the m80 when they are set together?

Comment

The M80 goes directly to the jack, bypassing the preamp. The Lyric is the only signal that goes through the preamp.

Comment

Thanks again nos i finished the guitar custom I added the lyric. I put a volume pot for m80 control and a switch to choose lyric or m80 or both.image.jpg
                    I made a stereo blender but i was scared to have problem with mics impédance so i put resistor too much high and I am loosing a lot of volume. I will change those resistor and will tell you.

Comment

Very nice!

I hope that it works out for you.

Comment

Yeah but it is thanks to your help!
                        A great thanks to you'

For the passive stereo blender I want to test I need the impédance of m80 in passive mode.do you know it?

Comment

The M80 in Passive Mode (and M1 Passive) should output right around 1.6k Ohms.

Comment

The M80 in Passive Mode (and M1 Passive) should output right around 1.6k Ohms.
                            You answer so fast! Thank you . So the impedance of the lyric and the m80 in passive mod are the same. Fine!

Comment

i found on another forum someone say that lyric impedance is 3,6kohms.

Do you know if it is a mistake?

Comment

It's not a mistake. The impedance of each of our systems are optimized to work with a variety of gear. The Lyric's 3.6k output impedance is still technically a pretty low-impedance signal. However, it does seem high if compared to other types of pickups.

Comment

Working...
                                X