Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iMix With Only One Pickup?

Aloha from Hawaii!!!

I love this forum, and it's helped me to decide to get an Anthem SL as well as an iMix system for my guitars! I also used this forum to figure out that I could use my beloved M80 with the iMix's iBeam pickup.

Here's my question...I have a "Little Thunder" pickup; it's basically a humbucker-sized pickup with the ability to get bass notes from the D/A/E strings when plugged separately into a bass amp. The "Little Thunder" mounts into a soundhole ring. I'd like to use it in my guitar with the iMix for a one-time/specialty gig, which means I'd have to take out the M80 temporarily.

Is it possible/safe to use the iMix with just the iBeam? Obviously I could just try it, but I don't want to fry anything, since I love the M80/iBeam/iMix. I used the "search" tool but could not find the answer.

Thanks in advance! Mahalo! (Thank You!!)
    Last edited by terryoyama; 02-07-2018, 05:14 PM.

Here's a photo of the Little Thunder, in case you were curious. LittleThunder.jpg

Comment

Removing one or even both of the pickups in the iMix won't cause any issues at all. The preamp will still work without any trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
        Removing one or even both of the pickups in the iMix won't cause any issues at all. The preamp will still work without any trouble.
        Thanks so much for your speedy response!!! I thought so, but didn

Comment

Working...
        X