Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lyric Acoustic Microphone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lyric Acoustic Microphone

    Hello.

    I bought Lyric Acoustic Microphone and installed it on my guitar. First impression, wow, sound cool and clean, but then I heard unclean, dirty sound. Dirty sound on 5 string. I'm very disappointed. because on your website demo sound good.
    What to do with this dirty sound? Attach a recording of a guitar. Well heard on 5 and 13 seconds.

    Guitar: Godin Seagull Coastline S6
    Soundcard: M-Audio Fast Track

    https://soundcloud.com/swapik/test-lyric

  • #2
    Hey Swapik,
    I can definitely hear what you are talking about in the sound sample. The first thing that comes to mind is the battery. Have you tried a different (new) battery yet?

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, I tried new battery. No effect.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ok,
        If you email me at [email protected], we can discuss what should be done next.

        Comment


        • #5
          Impedance issues

          Is the 1/4" output of a Lyric mic high impedance or low. How many ohms is it? Should it be plugged into a guitar or mic input? Mismatched impedance could be a problem.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jeff Fly View Post
            Is the 1/4" output of a Lyric mic high impedance or low. How many ohms is it? Should it be plugged into a guitar or mic input? Mismatched impedance could be a problem.
            Hey Jeff,
            The Lyric is a low impedance output, due to it's built-in endpin preamp. The actual output impedance is right around 3.6k Ohms.

            So you should be able to plug into the guitar input or the mic input on most acoustic amplifiers, without any noticeable alterations in tonal response from one to the other. The guitar input should produce a louder signal though.

            Comment


            • #7
              Lyric Output

              It appears from the picture in the Lyric installation manual that the 1/4" phone jack is Tip-Ring-Sleeve for a balanced line output. Is that indeed the case so that I do not need a DI Box?

              Thanks.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JLittle View Post
                It appears from the picture in the Lyric installation manual that the 1/4" phone jack is Tip-Ring-Sleeve for a balanced line output. Is that indeed the case so that I do not need a DI Box?

                Thanks.
                Hey JLittle,
                The Lyric does use a TRS jack, but it is not wired to send a balanced signal. The Ring contact on that jack is designed for the addition of a second pickup source to the Lyric, for stereo output. So you can add a passive magnetic or passive Piezo pickup to the Lyric's jack.

                I hope that helps.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Question on Lyric Ring Out

                  Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
                  Hey JLittle,
                  The Lyric does use a TRS jack, but it is not wired to send a balanced signal. The Ring contact on that jack is designed for the addition of a second pickup source to the Lyric, for stereo output. So you can add a passive magnetic or passive Piezo pickup to the Lyric's jack.

                  I hope that helps.

                  I was wondering if you can add an active pickup like a ribon transducer and Soder it to the ring out?
                  Victor Tarassov
                  Lester DeVoe Blanca & Negra, Zofia Cedar Blanca w Lyric Classicial , Córdoba 45FP with Lyric Classicial, Venue. Bose L1Sw Tone Match Mixer.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by v2or View Post
                    I was wondering if you can add an active pickup like a ribon transducer and Soder it to the ring out?
                    Unfortunately, most active systems require 3 different jack contacts in order to correctly operate (signal, switch, and ground). Since the Lyric only has two contacts available, only passive pickups are compatible as a second source. The Ribbon Transducer, cannot be run as a passive pickup due to it's extremely high capacitance. You would need a passive magnetic pickup, contact pickup, or high output undersaddle pickup in order to get the best results.

                    I hope that helps.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Same Issue

                      Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
                      Ok,
                      If you email me at [email protected], we can discuss what should be done next.
                      I have the same issue. Distorted sound on certain notes. Was this ever resolved?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dneace0012 View Post
                        I have the same issue. Distorted sound on certain notes. Was this ever resolved?
                        The customer was advised to return the Lyric to the shop that it was purchased from after some additional troubleshooting.

                        I never heard back from him after that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hi, I have the same problem here. But my pickup is almost 1-year installed on the guitar, and the problem only came recently (2 weeks ago). Is there any explanation for that?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by fernandino View Post
                            Hi, I have the same problem here. But my pickup is almost 1-year installed on the guitar, and the problem only came recently (2 weeks ago). Is there any explanation for that?
                            A problem may have developed over time. It's hard to say.

                            I got your email. I'm responding to it now.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X