Adding an Align Series Session Pedal to Signal Chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an Align Series Session Pedal to Signal Chain

I'm a singer-songwriter that has gotten excellent results with the Lyric microphone in my acoustic through the Venue DI. The EQ really does a great job at fighting feedback and getting a very natural tone, but you know how it is... that never-ending quest for "Better Tone" and all. I've considered adding one of the newish Session pedals in my signal chain. The saturation of it seems like it might thicken and warm up my tone in a way that I would really like, but is it overkill? Will the EQ on the Venue and the Comp EQ on the Session play well together?

Hey Stirlander,
    The Session and the Venue DI will work great together!

The Venue and the Session do very different things, so they compliment each other very well. The EQ on the Venue is great for dealing with the major problem areas, and the Session kicks everything up a notch. The Saturation will add warmth and depth, while the multi-band Comp-EQ just smooths everything out, giving you a great and polished sound.

I would highly recommend that pairing, especially with the Lyric.

Comment

I'll have to pick one up. Where in the signal path would you suggest I put the Session pedal? Before the input or in the loop?

Comment

I agree if you want to dial a very specific tone the Venue is great with the Session it dials it up a notch and just refines everything. I currrently have the Session in the loop together with my other effects. I haven

Comment

Cool! I actually looked in a couple other threads and Caleb says he likes it before. I guess I'll just have to try it both ways and see what I think. That's a pretty sweet board you have going their thirdie. What pickup are you using and what kind of music do you play?

Comment

I just realized my last sentence was cut. What i was trying to say was, I havent tried using the Session before the Venue.

im actually playing with a Taylor 214ce with the ES2 system. I play at church and lead worship. So im pretty minimal with effects. The most heavy effect im using is delay. There is something about that raw acoustic sound that im after which the venue + session gives me which i love.

Comment

I get what you are saying about the quest for a better tone. The venue alone gives my guitar in my opinion a great tone but with the session it is killer. It is a subtle effect as they say but once you played with it you could never go back.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdie2002 View Post
                I get what you are saying about the quest for a better tone. The venue alone gives my guitar in my opinion a great tone but with the session it is killer. It is a subtle effect as they say but once you played with it you could never go back.
                I completely agree!

Comment

Working...
                X