Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classical vrs steel string lyrics...what's the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classical vrs steel string lyrics...what's the difference?

I have an opportunity to buy a barely used lyric pu at a great price. However it is for a classical application. What are the differences between these 2 pu's?

Hey Thumpic,
    The Lyric and Lyric-C use the same mic, but the internal tuning of the preamp is very different. When the Lyric was first designed, it sounded great on steel string guitars and horrible on nylon string guitars. So we eventually redesigned the preamp circuit from the start to get the best results that we could for classical guitars.

The regular Lyric will work on classical guitars, but it will not perform nearly as well as the Lyric-C.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
      Hey Thumpic,
      The Lyric and Lyric-C use the same mic, but the internal tuning of the preamp is very different. When the Lyric was first designed, it sounded great on steel string guitars and horrible on nylon string guitars. So we eventually redesigned the preamp circuit from the start to get the best results that we could for classical guitars.

The regular Lyric will work on classical guitars, but it will not perform nearly as well as the Lyric-C.

I hope this helps.
      Thanks for the info. However, my situation is the opposite. I want to use a lyric-c on a Recording King, parlor size, steel string guitar.

Comment

Sorry. I misread the post. Either way, it's not something I would recommend. The systems do not interchange to the other guitar style well at all.

Comment

Working...
        X