Taylor for Rock?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor for Rock?

F/up as time running out. Need acoustic to gig classic rock next wk. Taylor 214e sounds "too pretty" Will strings or something else help my Taylor or do I look elsewhere? Looked at the Yammie A series & Ovation. Budget $500 max, using Taylor would be cheapest of course.

Originally posted by ClintonJMolina111 View Post

F/up as time running out. Need acoustic to gig classic rock next wk. Taylor 214e sounds "too pretty" Will strings or something else help my Taylor or do I look elsewhere? Looked at the Yammie A series & Ovation. Budget $500 max, using Taylor would be cheapest of course.
    If you want a classic rock sound, I would recommend just throwing a magnetic pickup into the soundhole. That should give you a classic rock sound without needing a new guitar.

I would recommend the M1 Passive if you have an external preamp that you can use. The M1 Passive comes with a 10' cable that you can run out of the soundhole for easy/temporary installation.
    If you need to plug in direct, the M1A has more output and will work direct into an amp or PA.

Comment

Working...
    X