Need help identifying pedal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying pedal

Hey I came across this really old PreAmp Eq of yours, sticker says it was around in 1991 but cant find a single one like it on the internet. Theres a crackling sound every time I move the Gain up or down, was wondering what this pedal is and how easy of a fix it would be.
    Thanks

Hey daldo,
    That is exactly what it says, a Pre-Amp Equalizer. It was the first floor-preamp that LR Baggs ever made, and there are not many of them left in-use.

If the gain slider is crackling, then it will probably need to be replaced. Unfortunately, that kind of slider hasn't been used by LR Baggs in a very long time, and I am not aware of anything that will be an easy retrofit. I am out of the office right now, but I can look into this more when I get back to see if there are any other options.

Comment

Just fixed the pedal, all i needed to do was spray on some silicone gel and it works like a charm. Do you know how much these things might be worth? I can't find any listings online.

Comment

Originally posted by daldo View Post
        Just fixed the pedal, all I needed to do was spray on some silicone gel and it works like a charm. Do you know how much these things might be worth? I can't find any listings online.
        That's great!
        I can't imagine that they're worth much, but you never know. It could be worth more to someone looking to replace that same pedal for a specific pickup/preamp combo.

Comment

Working...
        X