Gain and Volume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gain and Volume

Any comments as to how to use the gain and volume on my LR Baggs Venue DI? I'm assuming I shouldn't ever have the gain louder than the volume unless I want overdrive.

Hey Stephen,
    The Gain on the Venue should be set appropriately for your pickup, not matter what the volume setting is. I prefer to clip in the yellow, rather in the red when I'm playing my hardest. Once the gain is set correctly, the Volume can be set so that the signal is at an appropriate level for whatever you are plugging into next. The Venue's Volume knob only affects the 1/4" output, so keep that in mind. The XLR output is fixed in order to keep a consistent signal to the mixer.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
      Hey Stephen,
      The Gain on the Venue should be set appropriately for your pickup, not matter what the volume setting is. I prefer to clip in the yellow, rather in the red when I'm playing my hardest. Once the gain is set correctly, the Volume can be set so that the signal is at an appropriate level for whatever you are plugging into next. The Venue's Volume knob only affects the 1/4" output, so keep that in mind. The XLR output is fixed in order to keep a consistent signal to the mixer.
      Great info and explained perfectly. This makes sense and I'll move ahead accordingly. Love the thought of relating 'gain' to my pick-up and 'volume' to the output. Thanks Caleb!

Comment

Working...
      X