No announcement yet.

Defective IMix preamp... looking for a replacement so I can keep the pickups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defective IMix preamp... looking for a replacement so I can keep the pickups

Hello all,

Guitar tech from Quebec City here, I have a very nice Boucher in the shop with an IMix preamp that's started acting funny. Intermittent rumbling noises. Boucher tells me the preamp is shot and recommends taking it out and replacing with a whole new system because it's no longer available.

My customer is/was happy with the sound of the pickups and wants to keep them. Is there a suitable replacement for the preamp alone, be it LR Baggs or anything else? Of course I don't mind a bit of soldering

Thanks for your input.

Hey Torvisse,
    Boucher may not carry the iMix anymore, but it is still in regular production and available from multiple retailers. You may need to place a custom order if you want to get the preamp by itself though.

Comment

Thanks Caleb, I'll have a look around. Any ideas for, let's say, a less expensive solution as a mixer for the two pickups?

Comment

For those two specific pickups, the iMix is the only option that we offer.

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

I have a used iMix listed on Reverb, here:

https://reverb.com/item/19202539-lr-...-mixing-system

It works fine.

Greg

Comment

I have decided to send the system back to have repaired. Great service from the techs at a Baggs, by the way. As usual.

Comment

Working...
              X