radio signal through lyric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio signal through lyric

I just got had the lyric installed in my Martin OM21. At the shop the system performed well, but as soon as I plugged it into my home system, I noticed an overwhelming amount of radio signal coming through. I tried it through other my Fishman amp and QSC speakers and with a variety of cords and still I got ESPN. Got any advice?

Hey Jerome,
    That kind of interference is usually cause by poor or inadequate shielding. Since the Lyric preamp has a metal-barrel cover, it is not typically a source of shielding issues. Not to say that it's impossible, it's just not the first place I would look. If the barrel cover was unscrewed, revealing the circuit to the air, then that could obviously cause an issue.

First, I would check the guitar cables that you are using. A poorly shielded cable could easily work as an antenna for radio signals.

Second, I would suspect the Lyric mic. If the Lyric mic was not making proper ground, then it could also act like an antenna.

If the issue is in the mic, which I have never seen before with the Lyric, then it would be necessary to take the system back to the installer for repair or replacement.

Comment

I just had a Lyric installed and I too am getting a large amount of radio station interference. When I try a different acoustic guitar, one with an Anthem SL and one with a Dual Source, they're both quiet as a mouse. I tested in the same exact location with the same exact cables etc.,

The installer is a professional luthier who has installed a large number of LR Baggs systems, and frankly I wouldn't let anyone else in the area do such an install for me. I'm a little disappointed as I was hoping the Lyric would be a great system for my higher end Martins where I don't want to modify the bridge saddle. I'm taking the guitar back to the luthier in an hour to see if he has any ideas.

Comment

Hey Kidbazooka,
        Why don't you email me directly at [email protected]. I may have a way to get this taken care of for you.

Comment

Working...
        X