how to best enter venue di in stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to best enter venue di in stereo

my acoustic has a stereo pickup system with a piezo and a sensor and a stereo out. i would still like to use my venue di for live but it has only 1 input. What do you suggest to get my stereo signal into the venue di?

Originally posted by chaijen View Post
    my acoustic has a stereo pickup system with a piezo and a sensor and a stereo out. i would still like to use my venue di for live but it has only 1 input. What do you suggest to get my stereo signal into the venue di?
    Do you have any control over the Piezo and sensor levels coming from the guitar? Or are they not adjustable?

Comment

You cannot simply connect the different inputs together if they are different impedances (which they will be), you need a summing pre-amp of some sort. If you look at something like the K&K Trinity, it has exactly this - a stereo out and a external preamp to control levels and sum the two into a mono output. A system like the Baggs Anthem has the summing pre-amp in the guitar but it's the same principle. I think the K&K preamp might actually do what you want, thinking about it, but it's designed to go with their pickup and mic, so maybe not.

I've built a les paul that had a piezo in addition to the magnetic pickups and I put that out through a stereo output. I used to run it through a small pre-amp in a stomp box to sum the signals if i wanted to put it into the same amp, though with mag and piezo on a les paul, the main point was to have different amps and I built myself a stereo in, 2x mono out stomp box that toggled which output was live so I could switch from clean piezo to overdriven humbuckers though the foot switch.

Comment

Working...
      X