Help with Para Di, radius and rare earth banjo pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Para Di, radius and rare earth banjo pickup

I've got a para di, radius for mando and a fishman rare earth(I couldn't find a lr baggs banjo pickup). I've got questions. I've never used an fx loop, and there were some terms in the guide I hadn't heard of. I read something about a stereo y cable, and a ring? Never heard of those. Can someone explain to me how to use the effects loop and what I will need to make it work? Right now I'm just trying to use the pedal tuner. If I use the tuner through the fx loop will it still mute the signal when activated?
    I've also got the fishman rare earth banjo pickup which is active and my head is already hurting thinking about making adjustments to the para di mid set when switching instruments. Just seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Is there some other must instrumentalist or sound guys that can give me some advice on how to make this work? I play in a rock band so a mic is out of the question. I already tried it.

A stereo Y cable with mono outputs, which will have a TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) end on it, is what is needed to use the effects loop. Using a pedal tuner will also mute the signal when it is being used in line, inside the loop. Here is a link on the L.R. Baggs website attached to the para di user manual that will give you a little more info on the fx loop. http://www.lrbaggs.com/sites/default..._di_manual.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by MorganEliot View Post
      A stereo Y cable with mono outputs, which will have a TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) end on it, is what is needed to use the effects loop. Using a pedal tuner will also mute the signal when it is being used in line, inside the loop. Here is a link on the L.R. Baggs website attached to the para di user manual that will give you a little more info on the fx loop. http://www.lrbaggs.com/sites/default..._di_manual.pdf
      Can you or someone post s link to the stereo y cable I need, cause I still didn't understand exactly what it is or how I hook it up to my effects. Can someone do a simple diagram to explain? I.e. fx loop->y cable, red plug->start of fx chain, white plug->end of fx chain?

Comment

Here is a link for a stereo Y cable. Think of the two female adapters as your in and out. Out of one female adapter --> pedal chain --> into other female adapter. This will complete the signal chain for the effects loop.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...Fc1lfgodPDAASw

Comment

Here is a link for a stereo Y cable. Think of the two female adapters as your in and out. Out of one female adapter --> pedal chain --> into other female adapter. This will complete the signal chain for the effects loop.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...Fc1lfgodPDAASw
          Thanks so much so it doesn't matter which one is in and out from the Y cable?

Comment

The two cables out of the Y do have specific functions, the tip and ring should be labeled on the two female cables of the Y adapter. The Tip is going to be your send (out of the DI), and the Ring is going to be the Return (your signal back in to the DI). I hope this helps you out.

Comment

The two cables out of the Y do have specific functions, the tip and ring should be labeled on the two female cables of the Y adapter. The Tip is going to be your send (out of the DI), and the Ring is going to be the Return (your signal back in to the DI). I hope this helps you out.
              Yes that clarifies it perfectly.

Comment

Cool, have fun my friend!

Comment

Working...
                X