Wiring a M80 with a LB6 for use as Dual Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring a M80 with a LB6 for use as Dual Source

Hey there. I'm new to this forum, but not to Baggs products. I current have the M80 installed in 2 of my guitars and have used both the Anthem and the Lyric in the past, as well as running through the Venue DI for a while. I am currently using a M80 in my Martin omc 16e Maple and running it through a Pendulum Audio SPS-1. The SPS-1 is really designed for a dual source pickup system, which is why I'm investigating the possibilities of pairing the LB6 with the M80. I'm guessing that the M80 is wired to the tip and the sleeve of the input jack, but as I didn't install it, I can't confirm that this is the case. Being that the SPS-1 utilizes a TRS 1/4 plug on it's pre-amp module to blend the 2 pickup signals, my assumption is that installing the LB6 would simply require it to be soldered to the ring connection on the endpin jack? Or is it not as straight forward as that? If anyone has any knowledge and or/experience with this, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

Hey AxMan,
    Wiring the LB6 and the M80 in stereo is actually as simple as you said. The M80 would need to be set to Passive Mode, and wired to the Tip and Sleeve contacts of a stereo jack. Then the LB6 would wire to the Ring and Sleeve contacts. From there, your stereo preamp would do the rest via a standard stereo cable.

The LB6 does have 6 individual sensors, two of which are out of phase from the rest. So when it is mixed with another source, you may notice that out-of-phase sound from some of the strings. It's not typically an issue for most LB6 players, but it's worth mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
      Hey AxMan,
      Wiring the LB6 and the M80 in stereo is actually as simple as you said. The M80 would need to be set to Passive Mode, and wired to the Tip and Sleeve contacts of a stereo jack. Then the LB6 would wire to the Ring and Sleeve contacts. From there, your stereo preamp would do the rest via a standard stereo cable.

The LB6 does have 6 individual sensors, two of which are out of phase from the rest. So when it is mixed with another source, you may notice that out-of-phase sound from some of the strings. It's not typically an issue for most LB6 players, but it's worth mentioning.

Thanks Caleb!

Comment

Working...
      X