iBeam bass response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iBeam bass response

Maybe some physics geniuses out there can help me out with this. I have an iBeam active pickup in a Taylor jumbo 12-string. You can imagine the bass! There's no room to move it further from the bridge without going to the other side. I can usually EQ it with my Para Acoustic DI, but sometimes even that's not enough. Might there be a way of mounting the pickup, maybe with a layer of something between it and the wood, that would reduce the lower frequencies while keeping the highs?

Short of that, any chance of LR Baggs adding a bass cut control along with the volume?

Hey DFloyd,
    The iBeam can be a little tricky. If you can't move it around under the bridge plate it really limits your options for shifting the tonal response. Moving the pickup behind the bridge pins would likely change the sound too much. It sounds like you might need to experiment a bit to see what works, given the limitations of the installation.

Personally, I might try a thicker adhesive to try and decouple the pickup from the top a bit. Again, it's hard to predict exactly how that might impact the tone, but it could soften the bass a bit.

Comment

Working...
    X