Align Session with a Para Acoustic DI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Align Session with a Para Acoustic DI

I'm thinking of getting an Align Session compression pedal to link with my Para Acoustic DI, (which I dig a lot). I want something to serve as a tone and volume boost for fingerpicking solos. Could the Align Session work for this?

Hey Dadgaddave,
    Yeah, the Align Session should be perfect for that. I've always wanted to use the Session for that, but I always end up just running it "on" all the time. It should work great as a volume and tone boost.

Comment

Thanks, Caleb. That's what I wanted to hear. Would the sequence be Session then Para DI, or the other way around?

Comment

Originally posted by Dadgadave View Post
        Thanks, Caleb. That's what I wanted to hear. Would the sequence be Session then Para DI, or the other way around?
        Yep, that's how I would do it. Session into the Para DI, then into the amp or PA.

Comment

I recently got an Align Session and using the LR Baggs Para DI. I also have k&k pure minis in an old Alvarez Yairi with no preamp. I’ve read about the impedance issue from those pickups into the PADI, and assume it is why bass is excessive.
          I was running the session, delay and volume pedal in the effects loop. But from the above should I run guitar to the Session first then to the PADI??

Comment

Hey Wilbur,
            Yeah, the Align Session has a lower input impedance that should be a little more friendly with the K&K. If you run the Session first, and then the delay, volume, and Para DI, that should work great! The Session has a good deal of gain available, so there shouldn't be any issues running that and your other pedals in front of the Para DI, rather than in the loop.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Wow I wasn’t expecting such a quick response! Placing the session first seems to help!
              I always had my volume pedal in the effects loop. It seemed to work well there. It is an active pedal.
              Do you know of any advantage of placing this and/or a delay before the Para DI vs. the effects loop?

Comment

The Session is an active pedal, with a great preamp. Because the Session has a preamp, it's much easier to run it in front of the Para DI. If you were only running time-based effects like delay and reverb, then it might sound best with those in the loop. With the Session, you open up a lot more options for your signal chain.

Comment

Working...
                X