Align Session noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Align Session noise

I'm running an Align Session in the FX loop on my VoicePrint and getting quite a bit of noise … hum and hiss. The noise only changes when I turn the volume up or down. The saturation and comp/eq do not affect the noise. Gain in about 1 o'clock. My chain: LB-6 (passive) > Boss TU-2 tuner > VoicePrint with Align Session > EHX Holy Grail reverb in the FX loop. Noise goes away when I bypass the Session. Finally, the noise exists whether or not the reverb in the chain. Thoughts?

Have you tried running the Session on a battery yet?

Comment

No difference. I am using a VooDoo labs power supply on the tuner, session and reverb.

Comment

I think I have figured this out and it may be instructive for others. The Align Session is velcroed on my homemade wooden pedalboard directly over the VooDoo power supply. The Session is picking up noise from the power supply. Isolate the two from each other and the noise goes away. Any additional input or strategies to do that are appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex202 View Post
          I think I have figured this out and it may be instructive for others. The Align Session is velcroed on my homemade wooden pedalboard directly over the VooDoo power supply. The Session is picking up noise from the power supply. Isolate the two from each other and the noise goes away. Any additional input or strategies to do that are appreciated.
          Wow. I've never seen that before. Both the Align Session and the Voodoo labs are completely shielded so that is really odd.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

This guy's explanation perfectly syncs with my experience described above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UGyAKxuINQ&t=57s

Comment

Originally posted by Ex202 View Post
              This guy's explanation perfectly syncs with my experience described above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UGyAKxuINQ&t=57s
              That's a great video! Very informative, and definitely makes sense in regard to the issue you ran into. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
              X