Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Session DI in loop chain

Hey all,

I am looking to buy a Session DI but am concerned that it may not work well as a lone preamp with an acoustic pedal board.

I've been a holdout as far as pedals go, but am at the point where I am ready to put something together. Would using a small amount of compression at the beginning of the chain, then running the pedals, and finally the Session DI and compressing again a good approach if i want to use pedals? I'm still sort of unclear why I couldn't run the Session first and then straight into the rest of the pedal chain and into the mixer. If anyone can help me out here I'd greatly appreciate it.

I use my Session DI at the end of a small pedalboard, and I love it!

I run an active pickup into an EQ pedal, a delay, reverb, looper and then the DI. It seems like you should be able to get similar results pretty easily.

What pickup are you using? I ask because some lower-output or passive pickups do work best when a preamp is earlier in the signal chain.

Comment

Hey thanks Caleb, that is very similar to the setup i have in mind.

I have an active Fishman pickup that came with the Martin, but am saving for a Baggs pickup as well

Comment

Ok,
        Those usually have a pretty strong output level, so that should work great.

Comment

Yes it has a very strong signal, thanks for you insight... much appreciated

Comment

Working...
          X