Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick1948
    replied
    Thanks for the reply........I do not expect it to sound like playing thru a twin reverb or such. Just good enough to play a few instrumentals I have the Reverb & Tremolo pedals to add some flavor. Most people are not that critical on sound ( just other musicians ) My acoustic will be my main guitar 95% of the time.

Rick

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    Hey Rick,
    Thanks for posting.

The Venue DI works great with electric guitars. Of course, it doesn't offer any amp modeling or anything like that, but it does give a very neutral "plugged in direct" sound. Even used in-line with an electric amp, the Venue's preamp adds some nice depth and warmth to the signal, as well as some high-quality tone-shaping.

Check it out and let us know what you think.

Leave a comment:

• Rick1948
    started a topic Electric guitar with Venue DI

Electric guitar with Venue DI

New Member !
    I plan on starting up a Solo Acoustic Guitar act doing Country, 50's Rock & Roll, & Easy Listening. I played in a 4 piece Country Band way back in the 70's for 17 years so I have some experience performing. Things were pretty straight forward back then, Electric guitar, Electric Guitar Amp , WA WA pedal , Mike and a Kick Ass PA system.
    For the past 20 years I've been doing DJ & Karaoke gigs, gone are my Fender Strat's & Twin Reverb Amps. Were I'm living in SE Florida there is quite a demand for Solo Acts
    sure DJ & Karaoke gigs can still be had but a lot of the Clubs I frequent, VFW's, American Legion's, Moose's ect. perfer quieter more laid back entertainment. gigs are usually from 2 to 5 or 6 to 9. And majority of the clientele are in their late 50's and on up. So now my question, I plan on purchasing a Venue DI and using it between my PA system and acoustic guitar. My guitar is a Epiphone with Piezo PU in the bridge and a Mag PU at the Neck. I will be plugging it into a TC-Harmony G XT Pedal and then taking the Thru output into the input on the Venue DI. On the Venue DI I will also have Reverb & Tremolo pedals connected using the FX loop and then the balanced output into a Yamaha EMX 512C Powered Mixer. I figure the Venue DI will give me greater control over the EQ on my acoustic guitar and also control any unwanted feed back or noise from my effects pedals.
    I have an old Ibanez TC420 electric guitar with powersound hummbucker pu's on it. I do not have an electric guitar amp but I would like to use it to do a few Instrumental numbers ( Ventures, Duane Eddy ) could I plug this into the Venue DI and hopefully get satisfactory sound from it.
    Thanks
    Rick

Working...
X