Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Voice Prints with LR Baggs Anthem

Hi Folks,
    I have just got the Voice Print DI so am looking forward to making some VPs over the weekend. All my guitars have an LR Baggs Anthem Pick up so I am just wondering should I blend it all the way to the piezo when creating VPs ? I would normally use the anthem with about 70/30 mic/piezo but I thought I read somewhere that the Voice Print DI is designed primarily for piezo pic ups so I want to start out on the right track......
    Tnx
    Dan

Hey Dan,
    I'd recommend trying a few settings for yourself and seeing what you like. Generally speaking, I've found that most people get the best Voiceprints when they use the settings on their pickup that they already like and use the most. For me, that's all the way toward the mic side. For other people, that might be somewhere in the middle.

The nice thing is that the VP creation process is easy, so it's not hard to try different settings and then compare them.

Best of luck!

Comment

Thanks Caleb. I’ve been off line for a while but have been having fun so far with it. Yeah I have found that the blend on the anthem that I usually use 70/30 mic/ust has worked best for me but am really at early stages as I have only had it a few days. I took a chance for a solo gig at the weekend and used it with my Lowden F50 which has loads of overtones and I was blown away how good it sounded and I had no feedback issues and the feel of the guitar was never better for any gig so I am well pleased with this DI and look forward to experimenting some more.. haven’t even done anything with custom EQ yet and just used mid cut for strumming and warm for fingerstyle and worked a treat . I have been using the Boss AD 10 but have never been able to get such a sweet sound so quickly with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Kennedy View Post
        Thanks Caleb. I’ve been off line for a while but have been having fun so far with it. Yeah I have found that the blend on the anthem that I usually use 70/30 mic/ust has worked best for me but am really at early stages as I have only had it a few days. I took a chance for a solo gig at the weekend and used it with my Lowden F50 which has loads of overtones and I was blown away how good it sounded and I had no feedback issues and the feel of the guitar was never better for any gig so I am well pleased with this DI and look forward to experimenting some more.. haven’t even done anything with custom EQ yet and just used mid cut for strumming and warm for fingerstyle and worked a treat . I have been using the Boss AD 10 but have never been able to get such a sweet sound so quickly with it.
        Glad to hear it!

Comment

Hi Caleb,

I bought the Voiceprint from Thomann last October 22 but injured my hand not long after getting it so I am only getting back playing and gigging a bit now. I am getting a very very annoying hiss using the voiceprint to the extent where it is almost unusable. I see from other posts that other people are also getting the same problem but have not seen any fix yet ?
          I use LR Baggs Anthem into VP into AER Compact 60. I use the supplied power supply and thought that it may be a grounding issue and recently got the Mission Engineering 529i power block and use the 500MA out and the problem is exactly the same with this isolated power supply. It is a real pity as I do like the Voiceprint sounds that I am getting but this constant hiss is just too distracting and annoying so unless there is a fix I am going to return it for a refund. If I bypass the Voiceprint the hiss is reduced very significantly. I would really like to keep it if there is a fix. Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Also I have reduced preset volume level to -1.0 dB and also the VP level to -1.0 dB which seems to have improved it a bit but its still quite noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Kennedy View Post
              Also I have reduced preset volume level to -1.0 dB and also the VP level to -1.0 dB which seems to have improved it a bit but its still quite noticeable.
              You should do the opposite. Increase the level of the VP and preset. It will not add noise, it will increase the S/N ratio. I have them both set in excess of +5 dB

Comment

Working...
              X