Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    [QUOTE=Doug O;n9999]Hi Caleb. Are there any updates as to when the Pro Toolkit for the VPDI will be offered for sale? Also, how will the compressor compare to the one on the Session DI?[/QUOTE]

Hey Doug,
    The Advanced Toolkit that we were initially going to release has been dismantled so that we can release the appropriate features individually, at no charge. The first of those advanced features should be available (very) soon.

The compression is still in development, so I can't really say what the final feature set will look like just yet.

Leave a comment:

• Doug O
    replied
    Hi Caleb. Are there any updates as to when the Pro Toolkit for the VPDI will be offered for sale? Also, how will the compressor compare to the one on the Session DI?
    Last edited by Doug O; 05-03-2021, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    That's good to hear!

Each step in the VP creation is just trying to get a different perspective on the tone so that it can patch the different pieces together for a more accurate Voiceprint. So I don't know if changing the order of bowing and pizz would change the end result.

The Multi-band compressor is still waiting on a few final touches to make it easier to use and understand. I am hoping that we will be able to get it done sooner, rather than later.

Unfortunately, I've been told that reverb is beyond what this particular product is capable of. So a Voiceprint/Reverb pedal may have to be its own, separate thing.

Leave a comment:

• dinglehopper
    replied
    tried your suggestion, seemed to work fine. I wonder if it makes a big difference which parts are bowed vs pizz, maybe it picks up enough of the sonic profile either way?

also, the dobro turned out well.

any idea when the multi band compressor will release?

is there any possibility/plan for reverb (or is that beyond the capabilities of the hardware)?

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    That's hard to say. I think you would definitely want both styles played when recording the Voiceprint. As a starting point, I would play Pizzicato for the parts where it says to play individual notes, then bow for the strumming section. You can mess around with different ways of doing it to see what works best. If you find something that works for you, let us know.

Leave a comment:

• dinglehopper
    replied
    would I play entirely pizzicato to make the IR, or would I bow any of it? if so, which portion of the print generation would I want to bow?

thanks,

sang

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    I would imagine that the Violin would be similar to the Dobro. So you would mic it in a similar way to how you would record the instrument, making sure that the phone is far enough away so that you don't clip the phone mic. You may have to get someone to hold the phone for you, or you could use a phone holder that attaches to a mic stand. We haven't done as much with the Violin yet, but the limited tests have worked well.

Leave a comment:

• dinglehopper
    replied
    hi Caleb,

thanks for the info on dobro, will try it today. any thoughts on violin?

thanks,

sang

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    That is exactly right, Aaron. The advanced features will be released one by one at no charge. We are fine-tuning the interface for some of them so that they will be easier to use.

Dinglehopper, our team out in Nashville had some great results with the VPDI on a Dobro with an artist. Here is what they said about it:

"He showed me how he mic’d his dobro in the studio and that’s where we pointed the phone mic (see red circle in attached photo)

I held the phone about 5-6” over that spot as he played while seated. We left the phone in that exact same spot for all the steps. And for both dobros we got a GREAT sounding VP on the first try! During step one, instead of tapping, (he) just strummed open chords for the entire step. Step 2 he strummed one open chord and then some fretted chords up and down the neck. Step 3 he picked all the individual strings open then a few fretted strings up and down the neck. Step 4 he played scales. It sounded amazing"

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":9646}[/ATTACH]

This Dobro had a Fishman. The second one had a magnetic pickup which they said needed a bit more EQ to get the final sound, but it still sounded great.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dinglehopper
    replied
    how would I go about voice printing a violin and a dobro? I play multiple instruments and was planning to use the voiceprint DI for all of them (rather than keeping the Venue DI on pedalboard).

thanks,

sang

Leave a comment:

• aaronmarkson
    replied
    [QUOTE=dinglehopper;n9639]how does one access the optional toolkit? I can't seem to find it in acoustic live app.

thanks,

sang[/QUOTE]

They are not available yet and they have made changes to the roll out of the advanced features. Rather than an additional charge for the whole kit all at once, it sounds like they will be rolling out additional features one by one at no additional charge.

please correct me if I’m wrong, Caleb.

Leave a comment:

• dinglehopper
    replied
    how does one access the optional toolkit? I can't seem to find it in acoustic live app.

thanks,

sang

Leave a comment:

• akousticplyr
    replied
    [QUOTE=Caleb_Elling;n9472]The app in the video is a Beta version with the Pro Toolkit available. So, yes, for $30 you get a full multi-band compressor and additional VP EQ, and the other features mentioned above.

These are more complicated features in an already complex app, so we've put them into a package for the "pro" users.[/QUOTE]

I think it’ll be worth dipping into the tip jar for that level of tone tweaking. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    The app in the video is a Beta version with the Pro Toolkit available. So, yes, for $30 you get a full multi-band compressor and additional VP EQ, and the other features mentioned above.

These are more complicated features in an already complex app, so we've put them into a package for the "pro" users.

Leave a comment:

• akousticplyr
    replied
    Just so it's clear, the individual VoicePrint EQ and Compressor functions in this demo video [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8SNP89T3AY[/URL] are going to cost an additional $30?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X