• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Caleb_Elling
    Administrator

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    Hey steve,
    I had posted somewhere else on here that we decided that the interface for the compression was not useable in its current state. In order to make the interface useable and even remotely intuitive, we'll need to use more processing than is available in the VPDI. For that reason, the multi-band compression is not going to be a feature that is compatible with the VPDI. We are hoping to build into what we think it should be and then see what we can do with it from there.

The short answer is, it was a prototype feature that we tested in the VPDI but it didn't work out within the limitations that we initially built into the DI.

Leave a comment:

• steve

• steve
    replied
    Do you got a update to the multiband compressor ?
    when will it be available?

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    Administrator

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    Hey Steve,
    The general consensus from our design meeting was that the current compression interface is VERY difficult to use, and not something that would be beneficial to players in its current state. We agreed that it is worth improving, but we have to prioritize the Android release first. Then we can put some resources into making the compression something that is both effective and easy(er) to use.

For the people who have been waiting for it, I know that this may be frustrating to hear. It will be worth the wait though.

Leave a comment:

• steve

• steve
    replied
    That function would be great for christmas

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    Administrator

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    [QUOTE=steve;n10593]Do you got a update to the multiband compressor ?
    when will it be available?[/QUOTE]

We have a meeting next week, so I should get something from that.

Leave a comment:

• steve

• steve
    replied
    Do you got a update to the multiband compressor ?
    when will it be available?

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    Administrator

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    I don't have a current update on the compressor. I can look into it though.

Leave a comment:

• steve

• steve
    replied
    [QUOTE=Caleb_Elling;n10000]

Hey Doug,
    The Advanced Toolkit that we were initially going to release has been dismantled so that we can release the appropriate features individually, at no charge. The first of those advanced features should be available (very) soon.

The compression is still in development, so I can't really say what the final feature set will look like just yet. [/QUOTE]

When will the multiband compression be available?

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    Administrator

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    [QUOTE=Doug O;n9999]Hi Caleb. Are there any updates as to when the Pro Toolkit for the VPDI will be offered for sale? Also, how will the compressor compare to the one on the Session DI?[/QUOTE]

Hey Doug,
    The Advanced Toolkit that we were initially going to release has been dismantled so that we can release the appropriate features individually, at no charge. The first of those advanced features should be available (very) soon.

The compression is still in development, so I can't really say what the final feature set will look like just yet.

Leave a comment:

• Doug O

• Doug O
    replied
    Hi Caleb. Are there any updates as to when the Pro Toolkit for the VPDI will be offered for sale? Also, how will the compressor compare to the one on the Session DI?
    Doug O
    Last edited by Doug O; 05-03-2021, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    Administrator

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    That's good to hear!

Each step in the VP creation is just trying to get a different perspective on the tone so that it can patch the different pieces together for a more accurate Voiceprint. So I don't know if changing the order of bowing and pizz would change the end result.

The Multi-band compressor is still waiting on a few final touches to make it easier to use and understand. I am hoping that we will be able to get it done sooner, rather than later.

Unfortunately, I've been told that reverb is beyond what this particular product is capable of. So a Voiceprint/Reverb pedal may have to be its own, separate thing.

Leave a comment:

• dinglehopper

• dinglehopper
    replied
    tried your suggestion, seemed to work fine. I wonder if it makes a big difference which parts are bowed vs pizz, maybe it picks up enough of the sonic profile either way?

also, the dobro turned out well.

any idea when the multi band compressor will release?

is there any possibility/plan for reverb (or is that beyond the capabilities of the hardware)?

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    Administrator

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    That's hard to say. I think you would definitely want both styles played when recording the Voiceprint. As a starting point, I would play Pizzicato for the parts where it says to play individual notes, then bow for the strumming section. You can mess around with different ways of doing it to see what works best. If you find something that works for you, let us know.

Leave a comment:

• dinglehopper

• dinglehopper
    replied
    would I play entirely pizzicato to make the IR, or would I bow any of it? if so, which portion of the print generation would I want to bow?

thanks,

sang

Leave a comment:

• Caleb_Elling
    Administrator

• Caleb_Elling
    replied
    I would imagine that the Violin would be similar to the Dobro. So you would mic it in a similar way to how you would record the instrument, making sure that the phone is far enough away so that you don't clip the phone mic. You may have to get someone to hold the phone for you, or you could use a phone holder that attaches to a mic stand. We haven't done as much with the Violin yet, but the limited tests have worked well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X