Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any idea when there will be another app update or an update to the VPDI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any idea when there will be another app update or an update to the VPDI?

guess i said it all in the topic line, no need to write anything here... (c:

The Android release is the next thing we're working on.

Are you looking for anything in particular in a new update?

Comment

Caleb, I was wondering, back in 2020 you had said:

"The AcousticLive app is also set to get an in-app purchase option soon that will allow people to get additional features, including a Multi-Band compressor, for a one-time fee. This Pro Toolkit will have a number of advanced tools that will help "pro" users get the most from their Voiceprints."

Is that something that is still in development, or has that been nixed?

I asked, because I'm planning on using the Voiceprint soon - but I was also considering using a session (align or DI - not sure if I should use at the beginning or end of signal path). Thanks!

Comment

Not long after that post, we decided that we didn't want to add additional features for an additional cost. We broke up the "Advanced" features and released them for free over the course of the last year. The compression that we had originally designed for the app was pretty clunky and difficult to use (even for our design team). We've been working on it, but it's looking like the design and features that we want might be more than the VPDI processor can handle.

Comment

i was just curious because of some quirks that come up, like i have still not gotten ride of the screech when i click between 2 voice prints.

Comment

[QUOTE=discokvn;n10696]i was just curious because of some quirks that come up, like i have still not gotten ride of the screech when i click between 2 voice prints.[/QUOTE]

This isn't an issue I've seen anyone else have so far. So I am not entirely sure what is causing it. Would you be interested in sending your DI to us for testing?

Comment

Hey Caleb, i know that y'all replaced my VPDI previously and honestly i think it's a quirk/user error as nothing else seems to be acting up -- i'm really happy with it over all. i don't know that it's necessary -- but i'm open.

Comment

OK,
                Keep an eye on it. If anything changes, just let me know.

Comment

Thanks. different note, i've got to say, you all have been one of the easiest companies to deal with, your customer service is outstanding!

Comment

That's what I like to hear.

Thank you for saying so!

Comment

I'd love have the ability to make impulse responses with the voiceprint and be able to export them for use in my Quad Cortex. Wouldn't need to haul it around on my board dealing with the horrible high pitch squal it produces when plugged into an effects processor or audio interface.

Comment

Our design team has talked about making Voiceprints easier to export or share. Making them work with other equipment is a completely different issue though. The Voiceprint files are a bit more complex than a standard/generic IR file, at least in my understanding of it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Caleb_Elling;n10680]The Android release is the next thing we're working on.

Are you looking for anything in particular in a new update? [/QUOTE]

Any ETA on the Android release? The Voiceprint DI were back in stock, so I went ahead and bought one before they sold out again...now just need the Android app to start using it

Comment

[QUOTE=Beejetay;n10785]

Any ETA on the Android release? The Voiceprint DI were back in stock, so I went ahead and bought one before they sold out again...now just need the Android app to start using it[/QUOTE]

No solid release date yet. We are still working out kinks in the Beta version of the app. It's coming together nicely though.

Comment

Definitely excited for the Android app!

I bought the Voiceprint DI pedal mostly to have a dedicated digital parametric EQ mixer for my acoustic guitars.

I'm a singer/songwriter solo performer, and while my vocal mic rarely needs tweaking at different venues, my acoustic guitars CONSTANTLY need tweaking to be able to keep a nice, loud, full & warm tone while also avoiding that dreadful low 80-90hZ and low-mid 120Hz feedback.

I may not even do a voice print on most of my guitars, but I'll definitely use the parametric EQ, high pass and low pass filters, and feedback controls, and have a "baseline" setting scene saved for each guitar...then be able to have additional scenes for those guitars for different venues/settings:

Martin D15m Baseline
                              Martin D15m Outdoor Venue
                              Martin D15m Coffee Shop
                              Taylor 224 Baseline
                              Taylor 224 Outdoor Venue
                              ...etc up to 99 scenes!!!

Can't wait

Last edited by Beejetay; 02-03-2022, 01:26 PM. Reason: Missed a space

Comment

Working...
                              X