Pick up for guitar with a split saddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick up for guitar with a split saddle

I am interested in putting an Anthem pickup system in my guitar that has a split saddle. Is this possible?

I’m not aware of a Baggs under saddle for split saddles, but you could use a bridge plate transducer like a K&K. It involves putting a mini phone jack on your transducer lead in order to connect to Anthem’s input jack.

Comment

Thanks for your input, John. Just to make sure I understand, you would use the K&K transducer and connect that to the Anthem Mic? Also, what do you think is the best way to amplify a guitar with a split saddle? It's one of the old Takamine N 10s and it plays and sounds great and I would like to put it to work. Half the time it would be used in a band with a rock drummer, bassist and Les Paul so it has to be able to compete at a hearable volume. The other half of the time it would be used solo or with another guitarist

Comment

Originally posted by foxyg View Post
        I am interested in putting an Anthem pickup system in my guitar that has a split saddle. Is this possible?
        Hey foxyg,
        Any pickup with the Element can be ordered in a split-saddle configuration by custom order through a dealer. The Anthem is one of our more popular split saddle systems, and it's used by companies like Lowden for factory installations. If you place a custom order just add "split saddle" to the name of the system when you order.

Comment

Originally posted by foxyg View Post
          Thanks for your input, John. Just to make sure I understand, you would use the K&K transducer and connect that to the Anthem Mic?

The piezo and Anthem mic both connect via mini phone plugs to the control unit, which blends the mic in and adjusts gain and volume.

Also, what do you think is the best way to amplify a guitar with a split saddle? It's one of the old Takamine N 10s and it plays and sounds great and I would like to put it to work. Half the time it would be used in a band with a rock drummer, bassist and Les Paul so it has to be able to compete at a hearable volume. The other half of the time it would be used solo or with another guitarist
          if your stage volume is loud you’re not going to get much benefit from the anthem mic, but piezo only will sound fairly good.

Comment

Thanks Caleb.

Comment

Working...
            X