Bought nearly new VoicePrint DI, no output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought nearly new VoicePrint DI, no output

I bought a barely used VPDI and I'm just getting around to trying it out. I'm no stranger to guitar amplification and technology - I've owner other IR pedals (ToneDexter and NUX Optima Air) as well as many other pedals and DIs.

There's got to be something simple I'm missing. I plugged in my Dazzo-equipped Taylor GC7 using mogami cables (and I tested those cables - they work perfectly). I've connected the output of the VPDI to both a PA system (with XLR out) and a guitar amp (with 1/4" out) and nothing comes out. I saw that it was receiving input from my GC7 before creating a couple of VoicePrints but when I get to the end it won't send anything out to the amp/PA.

These things are brand new. Wondering if I was ripped off.

EDIT: I went back and tried using an old iPhone 6 I had laying around and this time it seemed to work ok. I had previously (in my attempt outlined above) been using an iPad Mini 4. I would have thought the mini would have better results as it is a newer device. {shrug}. Seems to be ok now although I still find it doesn't register volume very much from the Dazzo pickup (even though if I plug the guitar into the amp directly it's VERY loud).
    Last edited by euraquilo; 10-14-2021, 12:17 PM.

So while I seemed to have gotten past that problem, it begs the question whether iPads can be used along with iPhones. I had read that they can. Is it just my iPad that didn't work? Have others used iPad Mini's successfully?

Comment

Not sure this is related, but today I tried to do another round of "Analyze Feedback" on a preset. After that process was done and the preset saved...there was no sound at all from that preset. Checked all parameters, turned the pedal off/on...nothing helped. All other presets worked, just not this one.

I went to the original voiceprint on the phone and saved another preset on the pedal from that. Worked fine. Scrolled through the three other presets on the pedal....and now the old non-functioning magically worked. Spooky.

Comment

Originally posted by euraquilo View Post
        I bought a barely used VPDI and I'm just getting around to trying it out. I'm no stranger to guitar amplification and technology - I've owner other IR pedals (ToneDexter and NUX Optima Air) as well as many other pedals and DIs.

There's got to be something simple I'm missing. I plugged in my Dazzo-equipped Taylor GC7 using mogami cables (and I tested those cables - they work perfectly). I've connected the output of the VPDI to both a PA system (with XLR out) and a guitar amp (with 1/4" out) and nothing comes out. I saw that it was receiving input from my GC7 before creating a couple of VoicePrints but when I get to the end it won't send anything out to the amp/PA.

These things are brand new. Wondering if I was ripped off.

EDIT: I went back and tried using an old iPhone 6 I had laying around and this time it seemed to work ok. I had previously (in my attempt outlined above) been using an iPad Mini 4. I would have thought the mini would have better results as it is a newer device. {shrug}. Seems to be ok now although I still find it doesn't register volume very much from the Dazzo pickup (even though if I plug the guitar into the amp directly it's VERY loud).
        You may just need to re-install the app on the iPad. I've seen a few cases where a glitchy install causes issues like that.

Still pretty strange though.

Comment

Working...
        X