Lost Newbie Looking for Answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Newbie Looking for Answers

I’m a new owner of the Voiceprint DI and have lots of questions about the software. I managed to create a somewhat usable preset with the iPhone microphone and the standard procedure. I then created a much more detailed and full sounding Voiceprint using a Shure MV88+ microphone and the advanced recording function. That’s my starting point.

Here’s what I want to do: I want to be able to plug in my guitar through the amplifier and toggle between a regular preset and a volume boosted preset.

So far, I have found that the easiest thing to do is actually record the preset. However, working with the software is not as intuitive as I would have hoped. I’ve come up with a number of questions.
    1. Is there a manual for the software? I see that users have come up with a number of tips and based on questions and answers on the forum. I’ve been moving around the site reading things, but sometimes the stated problem is not clear because everyone uses their own language to describe the problem and possible solutions.
    2. Can’t tell the difference between saving the Voiceprint in the phone and saving it on the pedal. How do I know the pedal has the voice print? How do I download it? How do I erase it off the pedal? How can I tell it’s erased?
    3. After creating a few Voiceprints on the phone, can I just download just the two I want as a main and boost? How do I do this? How do I get rid of it when I’m done? (A variation on question three.)
    4. I’ve tried to erase a Voiceprint on the app at the listing of the saved Voiceprints using the three dots on the right side. Pressed delete, and moved to another module. I come back and it’s still there. Have done this several times.
    5. Tried to create a boosted preset of an existing Voiceprint. Thought that the “save as” function would be the right way to go. Did that by boosting Voiceprint level and other levels. Toggled back-and-forth between the two and there appeared to be no difference in the volume level, i.e., no boost. Can’t tell why this hasn’t worked.
    6. After watching the advanced EQ video, I have more questions than answers. If I turn off the Voiceprint in order to modify the EQ for the pick up, is that setting saved as part of the Voiceprint? Can that be saved as a setting on its own and used even without a created Voiceprint? When I turn the Voiceprint preset back on, will it still hold on to the EQ settings for the pick up alone underneath the EQ settings I make for the Voiceprint preset?
    7. When modifying an existing preset, if I want to change the name, there appears to be no way to change the initial 4 character name which will appear on the pedal. How can this be done?

At work, I was always the tech-savvy guy people consulted. I mention this because if I’m having trouble navigating through this software, I can imagine what other current and future users will encounter. I know y’all are working on the Android version of this, and that will open up a new market for this great tool. Meanwhile, we iOS users are encountering software roadblocks. Laying out clear solutions for us will only help your Android users when they arrive.

So, I’m back to asking about a manual for this software, or at least a few detailed procedural scenarios beyond current posted videos. This a powerful but complex tool. I appreciate your assistance.

Ran into a few solutions to the previously stated questions, but I’m not sure I’m gonna remember how I did it the next time I need to use it. I have started saving questions and answers I run into on this forum in a folder full of bookmarks. I am creating my own “software manual“ as best I can.
    Another question comes to mind, though. If I am set up for performance and realize I want to tweak the Voiceprint in way other than what’s available to me on the pedal itself, I would need to open the phone and do the changes there. Do I need to save the changes at that time? If I don’t and I put away the phone, will the changes disappear and the Voiceprint revert back to whatever was on the pedal? I don’t want to be thinking about this while I’m trying to do a set up and in front of an audience.

Comment

One more thing: looked all over the profile area and can’t figure out how to upload a picture representing me. How do I do that?

Comment

There are a lot of questions to go over here. I think it might be easier if we go over some of this over the phone. If you want to call me at the LR Baggs shop at 805-929-3545, I would be happy to go over all of this in detail.

To answer a few questions, we haven't made a manual for the app due to its complex and still-changing nature. I am trying to finish up a few more videos that will cover the Preset Library and how to use it. I think that it would answer a number of your questions. For instance, if you go to the Presets tab at the bottom of the app, there is a Pedal section and a Phone section. You can see which presets are available on the pedal and on the phone here.

There also might be a few bugs that we need to work out in regard to the naming and renaming of presets, etc. You should be able to easily edit the name of your preset, but it usually takes a minute or so before it's reflected in the pedal display.

The Voiceprint EQ only affects the Voiceprint. So you need to have a Voiceprint created and have the blend at a higher setting to hear what you're changing. The other EQ in the EQ module affects everything after the Voice blend, so that will affect the pickup sound as well.

As you said, the app has a lot of power and complex tools. I am hoping to further develop the resources that are available so that the answers to these kinds of questions are much easier to access. It's a work in progress, and I do appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefbigeasy View Post
          Ran into a few solutions to the previously stated questions, but I’m not sure I’m gonna remember how I did it the next time I need to use it. I have started saving questions and answers I run into on this forum in a folder full of bookmarks. I am creating my own “software manual“ as best I can.
          Another question comes to mind, though. If I am set up for performance and realize I want to tweak the Voiceprint in way other than what’s available to me on the pedal itself, I would need to open the phone and do the changes there. Do I need to save the changes at that time? If I don’t and I put away the phone, will the changes disappear and the Voiceprint revert back to whatever was on the pedal? I don’t want to be thinking about this while I’m trying to do a set up and in front of an audience.
          If you make changes on your phone and don't save them, you will lose your changes by switching to another preset or by powering the pedal off. If you disconnect the phone, the settings will otherwise stay the same.

Comment

One more thing: looked all over the profile area and can’t figure out how to upload a picture representing me. How do I do that?
            At the very top of your browser, you should see your screen name. If you click on that it should give you the option to view your profile. From your profile page, you should have the option to change your avatar, AKA your profile picture.

Comment

Went into my edit profile area and pressed every single button and looked under every single heading. Can’t find anything that allows me to change my avatar a.k.a. profile picture.

A little help please?

Comment

Went into my edit profile area and pressed every single button and looked under every single heading. Can’t find anything that allows me to change my avatar a.k.a. profile picture.

A little help please?
                Try it now. I went into the Admin controls and put in a temporary photo. You should be able to edit it now.

Comment

That’s the one I was going to use.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X