Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob Question, How are you monitoring your sound while developing you VP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Question, How are you monitoring your sound while developing you VP?

I have watched the demo videos, and few others, I assume people without headphones or in-ear, have some sort of PA in the room. The video sounds great, but it is direct, and the player is responding to what they are hearing.
    I do not have a PA my disposal. I have two things.
    1. a fender Vibroverb, a little concerned this is going to add a lot of it's own "color" to an acoustic tone.
    2. a scarlet interface, mac, studio monitors, and headphones.

When I play through the monitors, it's not super loud, so I hear a considerable amount of my actual guitar in the room., Even when put on my headphones, unless I turn it up excessively, I can still hear my actual guitar.

So, how are you all doing this?
    Thanks.

I usually use an acoustic amp in the room, but I've used an interface with either headphones or small studio monitors before too. Headphones are nice if they can give you a little more isolation. I'd definitely recommend that over the Fender.

Comment

I have been meaning to get an acoustic amp for a while. I guess this is as a good of a reason as any.
      Thank you for the response.

Comment

I use a looper in front of the VPDI when tuning voiceprint/presets. I've actually recorded the direct output of all my instruments into slots in the looper, so that I can tune amps and pedals and whatnot from an audience position (usually at home, using studio monitors), and without being fooled by the acoustic portion hitting me.

Last edited by Guitarune; 06-07-2022, 02:40 AM.

Comment

That seems look a really good option. I need to borrow a looper and give this a try.

Comment

Working...
          X