Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishman Prefix Blender- recommended settings for voiceprint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishman Prefix Blender- recommended settings for voiceprint?

As the title says, any thoughts on ideal setting for an old school Fishman Prefix barn door system; specifically on the blender slider. Full “mic,” full “pickup” or perhaps in the middle? Maybe just try several positions and see how the maps go.
    Thanks!
    akousticplyr
    Last edited by akousticplyr; 12-07-2020, 04:31 PM.

I have the same pick-up in a 98’ Taylor 710ce. From my limited experimentation, I’ve found having it on 80% mic and 20% pick up was good for me. The mic gave me good “airiness” while the pick-up brought back some low/mids for me.

That’s just my preference but maybe the LR Baggs techs have more thoughts on this...

Comment

I haven't personally made a VP with a Fishman blender system, so I don't have any first-hand experience to offer. What [USER="13750"]plee822[/USER] is saying makes sense to me.

Ultimately, I always try a few things to see what works best.

Comment

[QUOTE=plee822;n9467]I have the same pick-up in a 98’ Taylor 710ce. From my limited experimentation, I’ve found having it on 80% mic and 20% pick up was good for me. The mic gave me good “airiness” while the pick-up brought back some low/mids for me.

That’s just my preference but maybe the LR Baggs techs have more thoughts on this...[/QUOTE]

This is great, I’ll give it a try tonight. I have a ‘99 710ce. Heck, they might’ve been made from the same tree LOL.

Comment

Working...
        X