Mandolin and a glut of Baggs preamps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandolin and a glut of Baggs preamps.

I am setting up a mandolin with Radius pickup. I have VPDI, VenueDI and ParaDI. I use a Radius on all my mandolins. The output of the radius seems a little weak even without pad. Can/should I use the Venue or Para to make VP and then combine them for live setup? I would be inclined to use Venue or Para first to boost the pickup signal. Ideas? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    It ain’t broke, but I can fix it.

Any ideas. Trying right now and gigging on Saturday. Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

The pad only attenuates the signal. So using the pad will only drop the signal level even more. If you need to, you can use a preamp in front of the VPDI. Just try to keep the EQ flat so you don't color the signal too much.

The VPDI should be able to handle a passive signal on its own, but even with the VP Level and Preset Level maxed out, the signal may still be on the lower side of things.

I hope this helps.

Comment

It did. I used it that way but did not do my VoicePrint with the Venue in front. Will redo and see how it goes. Very happy with this so far!

Comment

Working...
        X