Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with powering on and keeping a sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with powering on and keeping a sound!

So I had everything set up for Church on Sunday. I played through everything just fine the week prior to. However when I get to church and set up, I cannot get any sound, the XLR makes a high frequency pitch. I finally had to make another VP on the fly before the service and it worked. Then my board got unplugged, I powered it back on, and it happened again. I had to make another on the fly VP and it worked, but I am worried this will be a continual issue.

For the other issue. The high pitched whine when using an XLR. This was not an issue when using a direct box and the pedal through with a 1/4 inch. I do not hate using a 1/4 in plug, but I like the use of an XLR and not having to keep a direct box on my board. Let me know if anyone else is having issues. I do use a power supply, but its has independent outputs. So I know there is enough power getting to it. I tried the 9v 600mA and it was the worse pitch. The better was the 16v 500mA, but I do not want to over power the pedal.

i don't get the high pitched whine -- however, when i turn my pedal board on (sometimes, not all the time) i get no sound coming out of my VPDI. if i unplug the VPDI and plug it back in, it works fine. i've posted this in another thread -- doesn't happen all the time, just on some occasions. my set up used to be that it was plugged into an isolated power supply (with enough power) but i have popped a power strip under my pedalboard and am currently using the power supply that comes with the VPDI. i have had the issue both ways, and again not every time i power up.

is it the same, maybe.

Comment

I'd be curious to know if unplugging the VPDI and plugging it back in fixes the issue or not.

The VPDI processor emits a low-level whine, but it shouldn't be audible in a normal playing situation. If you turn up the VP level in your presets and save it at +8 to +10dB, it should bring up the signal level and not the noise.

In my experience, the XLR output is louder than the 1/4", but it makes the signal level and the noise level louder. The signal-to-noise ratio stays the same.

This signal-to-noise issue is something that a few people have had trouble getting around, so we're actually looking at ways to improve it in the design of the pedal itself.

Comment

Working...
      X